Many health-conscious individuals are recently discovering the health benefits of cold-pressed juice, wherein they can consume fruits and veggies as drinks. Made using a hydraulic press that extracts liquid, fruits and vegetables, from which these drinks are made, keep their nutrients intact. A hydraulic press aims to extract the maximum amount of liquid possible without using heat or oxygen so that none of the nutrients are lost.
Check the health benefits of cold-pressed juices by continuing to read below.
Cold-Pressed Juice as an Instant Source of Nutrients
Blenders and traditional juicers usually generate heat and air that may damage certain nutrients. Because cold-pressed juices are made through juice presses without heat or oxygen involved, you get 100% of the enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Using juice presses, you can make your homemade cold-pressed juice, which is an instant source of nutrients.
Unlike solid foods that take time to absorb, cold-pressed juices come in liquid form, so nutrients are readily absorbed. Cold-pressed juices provide the maximum amount of nutrients, which is closest to eating raw fruits and vegetables. It means that you get the best benefits like when you’re eating fresh fruits and veggies.
Here are the readily absorbed nutrients provided by cold-pressed juices:
- Vitamin A – This vitamin is essential for healthy eyesight, and cold-pressed juice gives you the right amount of vitamin A that comes with carrots, broccoli, kale, squash, and cantaloupe.
- Vitamin C – Many fruits and vegetables contain vitamin C or ascorbic acid. This vitamin helps in collagen production for healthier skin, and it also improves immunity.
- Potassium – This mineral is good for cardiovascular health. It helps regulate heart muscle functioning and blood pressure. Spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, oranges, bananas, grapefruit, and apricots are rich in potassium.
- Folate – This mineral is essential for the proper development of a growing fetus and an overall healthy pregnancy. You can obtain folate from beets, citrus fruits, and leafy greens.
Cold-Pressed Juice for Anti-Aging
Many fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants, which helps get rid of free radicals in the body that cause signs of aging. Cold-pressed juices from grapes, mangoes, carrots, spinach, and berries are rich sources of antioxidants, that can help you prevent the early signs and symptoms of aging. Indeed, cold-pressed juices are healthy food for the skin.
Here are the anti-aging benefits of cold-pressed juices:
- Clearer skin or reduced acne (cold-pressed tomato juice and cold-pressed carrot juice)
- Treat wrinkles and fine lines (cucumber-apple cold-pressed juice)
- Improved overall sense of well-being, thus reducing stress that causes aging
Cold-Pressed Juice Helps Promote Weight Loss
Cold-pressed juices help in detoxifying and energizing your body, which helps you lose weight. Prepare a mix of fruits and vegetables (more veggies to avoid high sugar consumption), such as three cucumbers, one grapefruit, and one beet for a healthy cold-pressed juice recipe. Use a cold press juicer, so the juice is perfectly blended, keeping all the healthy nutrients intact.
Here are some weight-loss tips and tricks when consuming cold-pressed juices:
- Drink cold-pressed juice after drinking hot water early morning before breakfast to eliminate body toxins better. Cold-pressed juices will leave your appetite satisfied, allowing you to consume fewer carbs, like bread, rice, or pancakes in the morning, thus helping you lose weight.
- Consume cold-pressed juice before lunch and dinner. In that way, you consume less solid food, which also targets your weight-loss goals.
- Eat a balanced diet while consuming cold-pressed juices to get the right amount of protein, carbohydrates, and fats that your body still needs to perform its vital functions. Never rely on cold-pressed juices alone when meeting your daily nutrient needs.
Cold-Pressed Juice Promotes Healthy Digestive System
While it is true that cold-pressed juices may have less solid particles, the fibre content is still high. That’s why cold-pressed juices are good for healthy digestion. It helps cleanse the body from toxic waste materials that come from a dirty colon.
Here are some examples of fruits that are good for digestion:
- Apples – Create your own cold-pressed apple-carrot juice recipe using a high-quality juice press.
- Raspberries – Mix raspberries and strawberries in a healthy cold-pressed juice that is perfect for summer.
- Avocados – Make an avocado smoothie so you’ll have improved digestion as well as better heart health. Also, banana-avocado cold-pressed juice is a delicious recipe that you can serve with ice or chilled in the refrigerator before consumption.
Cold-pressed juices give tons of health benefits. Achieve improved digestion, better cardiovascular health, healthy weight loss, and younger skin by including cold-pressed juices in your diet. It’s also one way to get the right amount of vitamins and minerals your body needs when you’re always on the go, because cold-pressed juices are so easy to prepare.