This week we bring you a no bake recipe from the healthy food blogger Bella Shaw aka Nutribelle. We love this No Cook Peanut Flapjacks recipe because it’s super quick, super easy and super tasty.
“They’re part of the Nourish Snacks book that I give to people as a bonus on my 4 week programme. My easy cheat’s version of flapjacks – no-bake beauties that don’t leave you hitting a sugar high and slump but taste well lush!”
What’s In No Cook Peanut Flapjacks?
- 1/2 cup Ground Almonds
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 2 tbsp Mixed Seeds
- 2 Dates finely chopped (you could use Raisins or leave them out completely for less sweetness)
- 1 tbsp 100% Pure Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Paste (optional)
- 2 tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Cinnamon to taste
- Tiny pinch of Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- Toppings – 1 tbsp Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut & 1 tbsp Cacao Nibs (or whatever else tickles your fancy – Seeds, Nuts, Dried fruit)
How Do I Make No Cook Peanut Flapjacks?
Chuck everything (except the toppings) into a bowl and stir thoroughly until all mixed together. It takes a bit of elbow grease to work it all together, but just keep going at it and think of the bonus arm workout you’re getting! (Or, you could totally use a machine instead…)
Spread the mix out onto some baking paper on a tray and squish it down with the back of a spoon into the shape you want, about 0.5cm thick. Then sprinkle over your toppings and gently pat them in. Pop it in the freezer for 30 mins and then take out and chop into bite-sized squares – you should get about 20.
I’ve been adding them to my yoghurt and fruit in the mornings as a bit of extra crunch, and having them with a cuppa when the mood strikes.
TOP TIP – Remember to keep these beauts in the fridge or freezer!
Have you got a healthy flapjack recipe that you would like to feature in #FlapjackFriday?
Get in touch!
You can comment and follow us on:
- Facebook – @thisishealthyliving
- Twitter – @ArtHealthLiving
- Instagram – @arthealthyliving
Or leave us a friendly comment below.