It’s long been documented that cardiovascular exercises is good for your health. But have you ever wondered exactly what cardiovascular exercise are best if you’re looking to kickstart your health and fitness regime? If so, we’ve broken down the best cardiovascular exercises for your health and why you should do them.
What Are The Benefits Of Cardiovascular Exercise?
As well as making running for the bus easier, the benefits of exercise are more than just feeling generally ‘fitter’. In fact, according to the NHS, cardiovascular exercise can reduce your risk developing illnesses such as coronary heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and cancer. Not only that but it’s said to lower your risk of early death by up to 30%.
If you often find yourself tossing and turning in the night, cardiovascular exercise is also thought to improve sleep quality. And if that wasn’t enough, regular exercise can reduce stress by improving our self-esteem.
If you’re looking for a sign to start exercising again – this is it.
Cardiovascular Exercises To Do At Home
If you’re looking to get healthy again, it can be tricky knowing where to start. If you struggle to distinguish your burpees from your mountain climbers, we’ve put together some exercise you can do from the comfort of your own home.
- Marching in place – If you’re looking for a low-impact exercise, marching in place will help raise your heart rate and get you moving.
- Air jump rope – If you don’t have a skipping rope handy, a great exercise to get you moving is doing an imaginary jump rope.
- Arm circles – make bingo wings a thing of the past with these handy arm circles, ideal for all fitness levels.
- Jumping jacks – a high intensity exercise, jumping jacks offer a quick energy release and can be done virtually anywhere. Even while waiting for your bus!
- Exercising on a spin bike – Exercising at home on a spinning bike with magnetic resistance can improve leg strength, cardiovascular health, weight management, mood, and is convenient and cost-effective.
Cardiovascular Exercises To Do Outside
Some of the best exercises that you can do are those that take place outdoors. As well as helping you get fit, exercising outdoors allows you to embrace nature and get some fresh air at the same time.
Some of the best outdoor exercises include:
A great way to get fit if you’re on a budget, jogging burns a significant number of calories in a short time, making it a great way to maximise the time spent exercising. In fact, it’s thought that running burns approximately 13.2 calories per minute!
Cycling is a great way to get from A to B and see the world at the same time. Whether you decide to make the most of your commute to work by cycling or explore some mountain trails – it’s a great way to get fit.
If cycling is something that interests you, you could look at cycle insurance to ensure that if you are unfortunately in an accident and your bike is damaged, the insurance will be there to cover you.
If you’re brave enough, outdoor swimming is a great way to get fit. What’s more refreshing than an early morning dip in chilly water?
The bottom line is that however you choose to get fit, you won’t regret it. Whether you opt for some quick and easy at-home exercises or cycling to work – however you start, you’ll be pleased you did.