According to a recent survey, 37 million Americans whitened their teeth in 2020, and nearly the same number will have undergone this treatment in 2021.
There’s no doubt that teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments these days. But before you book an appointment to get the bright smile you always wanted, we advise you to read the following tips.
Steps Before Teeth Whitening
There are a few steps you need to follow before considering bleaching your teeth:
- Dental check-up – it is crucial to get your teeth checked before any bleaching treatment. They are more effective in healthy smiles.
- Get dental problems fixed – if dentist detects any problem during the examination, he/she will indicate which treatments are required to restore your oral health.
- Get teeth pre-cleaned – cleanings are crucial to getting an even whitening effect, as sometimes dental plaque or debris can prevent the bleaching agent from acting on all the surfaces of teeth.
Choose Your Preferred Teeth Whitening Method
There are three types of whitening treatments:
- In-office teeth bleaching – this type of treatment offers dramatic results. In only one visit of approximately 30 minutes, you walk out of the office with a brand-new smile.
- At-home whitening kits (prescribed by dentists) – a good option if you are looking for more natural results – you simply stop the treatment once you obtain the shade you want. You will need to wait a couple of weeks to see the results.
- Over-The-Counter bleaching products – there are many whitening products available for an attractive price, but we advise our patients to be cautious about them. The American Dental Association does not approve most of these products, and as a general rule, unsupervised dental treatment is never recommendable.
Where Can You Get High-Quality Teeth Whitening
Countless dental offices in New York offer teeth bleaching treatments. However, Bow Tie Dental Studio, offers you guaranteed results. They have both the technology and the experience to deliver the results you are looking for. You can read more about teeth whitening treatment on their website to clear up all your doubts!
What To Do After Whitening Treatment
The next 48 hours after the whitening treatment are essential to ensure long-lasting results. We advise our patients to avoid the following:
- Food and beverages that can stain your teeth – this is commonly known as “the white diet”. This diet rules out coffee, red wine, tea, soft drinks, dark chocolate and dark fruits – at least for the first two days after the treatment.
- Cigarettes – the tar and nicotine that usually cause staining will absorb faster into the teeth if you smoke soon after your bleaching treatment.