Cancer Prevention As The Basis Of Cancer Treatment In Turkey
Nowadays cancer is one of the leading causes of human death. According to the WHO, in 2019 10.2 million people died of this pathology all over the globe. Cancer treatment in Turkey is becoming more and more popular due to the development of medical tourism.
Today, medical treatment in Turkey is the best among European countries. All Turkish hospitals have modern equipment and employ highly qualified doctors for cancer treatment. Nowadays Turkish doctors can treat patients with any form and stage of cancer.
What Is Cancer?
Cancer is a disease that can develop in any organ of the human body. The cause of oncology is pathological mutations in healthy cells. Over time, tumour cells can spread to neighbouring organs as well, forming so-called metastases.
Modern medicine has a large and effective set of methods that allows treating cancer patients. The main methods of treatment today are surgical treatment, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy.
If we speak about Turkish medical centres, each patient has an opportunity to undergo treatment with the most advanced method – radionuclide therapy. This method is successfully applied to treat all types of oncology. The greatest success has radionuclide treatment of prostate cancer, as well as pancreatic cancer.
The main cause of cancer is the progression of pathological processes in the cell caused by the impact of external and internal factors. The most common causes of cancer development are the following ones:
- Physical factors – ultraviolet and ionizing radiation.
- Chemical agents – heavy metals in tobacco products, asbestos, and arsenic.
- Biological factors – viral infections, bacterial or parasitic diseases.
There are also many things that can accelerate the formation of cancer cells:
- Genetic predisposition.
- Human papillomavirus infection.
- Unbalanced diet.
- Lack of physical activity.
- Alcohol consumption.
Early diagnosis of cancer increases the chances of successful treatment. In order not to miss the moment when you develop cancer, it is better to have a full examination regularly. Regular check-ups will help you stay healthy for many years.
- Oncomarkers checkup.
- Mammography (in suspected breast cancer).
- Biochemical blood test.
- Complete blood count.
- Ultrasound examination.
- X-ray examination of the chest.
If you think that receiving cancer treatment abroad isn’t affordable, then you are wrong. Cancer treatment in Turkey includes modern equipment and qualified doctors. Choosing Turkey also means you can watch the beautiful sunsets, enjoy the sound of the sea and sunbathe on the beach.
Millions of patients have chosen treatment in Turkey and were very satisfied. One more benefit is that the cost of medical treatment in Turkey is on average 30% lower compared to European countries. Clinics in Turkey are equipped with the most modern cancer treatment devices, such as:
- Cyberknife M6 – It allows doctors to treat tumours of any size with high precision and with using high doses of radiation. This method is effective in treating lung cancer. This increases the efficiency of treatment and also reduces the total duration of the operation to 20 minutes.
- Varian Edge – This robotic computer system is based on TrueBeam technology. It combines the therapeutic possibilities of radiotherapy and radiosurgery. It is able to fight tumours at various stages. What is even more important, these may be neoplasms of any localizations, neoplasms that cannot be operated on or cannot be treated by conservative methods.
- Radixact System – Its advantage over other similar devices is the possibility of full-body radiation therapy, which is especially important for blood cancer.
The advantages of these methods are:
- Treatment is absolutely painless.
- They do not require anesthesia.
- They have no side effects.
- They have a very short rehabilitation period.
- They improve both health state and quality of life.
How To Undergo Treatment In Turkey?
Today, treatment abroad is available to everyone. The easiest way to undergo treatment abroad is to contact a medical tourism operator. The leading position among them takes Booking Health. The company’s specialists will help you undergo treatment abroad at affordable prices. Also, you will get help with the following issues:
- Establishing communication directly with your doctor.
- Excluding additional fees, providing reasonable cost of treatment
- Booking hotels and air tickets.
- Interpreting services.
- Communication with the clinic after treatment completion.