The Detox Diet
Learn how to go on a 7-day detox diet.
What to Eat on the 7-Day Detox Diet
1) What to Eat Before the Diet – Certain foods and drinks, such as coffee and sugar, should be phased out before starting the diet in order to avoid headaches and other reactions. Find out how to prepare for a detox.
2) Foods to Eat – Here is a list of foods to eat during a 7-day detox diet.
3) Foods to Avoid – A list of foods to exclude on a 7-day detox diet.
4) Sample Menu Plan – Although meals made from any of the allowed detox foods are okay, it helps to have a sample menu plan with ideas on what to make.
5) Top 20 Detox Foods – Want to know what some of the star players of the diet are? Find out our top 20 detox foods and get tips on how to use them.
The 7-day food-based detox diet is designed for a newbie, for someone who wants to do a longer cleanse (7 to 21 days), for people who aren’t able to go on a more restrictive diet due to time or work constraints, or for people who are generally exhausted and require more protein in their diet (take the adrenal fatigue quiz). While the plan outlined here is for 7 days, it may be followed for up to 21 days.
There are many types of detox diets, from juice fasts to detoxes that allow three meals per day. While it may be tempting to make a drastic change by trying a fast, sometimes simple changes such as drinking more fluids, eating more vegetables, or eliminating wheat can have a profound effect on how we feel. The key is to choose the diet that best matches a person’s health, energy level, and lifestyle.
Read more of this at: http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/dietarytherapy/a/Detox_Diet_Plan.htm