In 2016 we will…
Now, we know that this sounds bad, but think about it, how many times have you said ‘yes’ to someone when actually what you really wanted to say was ‘no’?
None of us like to feel as though we are letting people down or are unable to help and the guilt is just too huge that we end up uttering ‘yes’ before we’ve even had time to think about it. But we want you to be strong and in 2016 we want you to start saying ‘no’ more often.
Well, lots of reasons:
- It is not healthy to say yes to everything; there is a famous quote by Paulo Coelho that says, “When you say ‘yes’ to others, make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself”. Never let saying ‘yes’ be to the detriment of your health and wellbeing, because it is just not worth it.
- The people that matter won’t think you’re rude, in fact far from it. They will know that if you could, you would and if anything they will respect you more for being able to say ‘no’.
- Because sometimes you need to do something for yourself; this isn’t selfish, just essential ‘me’ time to refocus and recharge your batteries.
- Because you may not always be the best person for the job.
- Because others may be relying on you and you can’t say ‘yes’ to everybody!
Saying ‘no’ isn’t spiteful, isn’t a weakness and isn’t a cop out. Just remember, some of the most successful business people forged their careers out of learning to say ‘no’, so learn from the best and say ‘no’ a lot more in 2016.