Your pets are part of your family, so why not give them a seat at your dinner table? Invite your four-legged companions to eat with you after making any of these delicious meals that are safe for pets. Treat them to something tasty this week and snap a few pictures when the cuteness commences.
1. Slow Cooker Chicken And Veggies
Busy schedules make it challenging to bake elaborate meals. That’s when a slow cooker comes in handy, doing most of the work for you to create a delicious meal that will have everyone wanting seconds.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 cup of diced broccoli
- 1 cup of diced butternut squash
- ½ cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for eight hours or high for six hours. The chicken is ready to eat at a minimum of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop or shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Mix in a large bowl with drained vegetables.
- Serve in your pet’s typical portion size.
- Spoon some into a bowl for yourself and top it with optional ingredients like sour cream, cheese, hot sauce or gravy.
2. Spinach And Egg Frittata
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so sit down with your pet for a tasty morning meal. Dogs and cats love spinach and egg frittatas. They’re savory and contain nutrients like fiber, folate and vitamin A. Start with a small serving to prevent digestive upset as your pet’s stomach gets used to this rich food.
- 1 cup spinach
- Six to eight eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pour a teaspoon of olive oil on a pan to grease it.
- Mix six to eight eggs in a separate bowl to combine, then pour into the pan.
- Adjust the burner to a medium heat. Swirl the pan as the eggs cook.
- Add the cup of spinach when the eggs are solid on the bottom.
- Flip half the egg mixture over the other half to form the frittata.
- Continue letting the eggs cook on medium heat until the frittata is solid.
- Broil the frittata for one minute in your oven to brown the top, if desired.
- Split the frittata in half and serve half to your pet.
- Put the other half on your plate and add your preferred sides or toppings, like sausage, veggies, fruit or parmesan cheese.
3. Grilled Salmon And Green Beans
Add some salmon to your next grocery list. It contains fatty acids that support your pet’s cognitive functions and skin health. Dogs and cats love the delicious aroma and savory flavor, so immerse yourself in every bite with them after making this recipe.
- One or two 8-ounce salmon filets
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Frozen green beans
- Pat your salmon dry on a plate to prepare them for searing. Rub them with extra virgin olive oil.
- Smear more extra virgin olive oil onto the grates of your grill. Bring the grill to a high heat for 15 minutes before bringing your salmon to the grill.
- After 15 minutes, place the salmon filets on the grates to sear. Let them sit for six to eight minutes.
- Turn the heat down to a medium setting and flip the salmon. Let them cook for another two to four minutes.
- When the internal temperature of your salmon is at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit, put them on the internal grill shelf to keep warm or in a covered warming dish.
- Steam your green beans.
- Give your pet a 1- to 2-ounce serving of salmon alongside a half cup of steamed green beans.
- You can top your salmon and green beans with seasonings and sauces as preferred.
4. Steak And Roasted Broccoli
Steak is a classic dog food, but cats can eat it, too. It’s a substantial protein source with a salty, juicy flavor. Pair it with broccoli to give your four-legged companion vitamin C, potassium and iron.
- One or two slices of a low-fat steak
- Frozen broccoli florets
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Brush your steak slices with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bring your grill to a high heat. Place your steaks on the grill for four to five minutes to char them.
- Turn them over and grill on medium heat for five to seven minutes. It should bring the internal temperature to 140 degrees Fahrenheit for a medium to medium-well steak.
- Steam your broccoli florets according to the package’s directions.
- Cut your steak into one cup of bite-sized pieces. Serve to your pet along with a quarter to half cup of broccoli florets.
- Enjoy your serving with toppings like butter, steak sauce or parmesan cheese.
5. Ground Turkey And Brown Rice
Pets thrive when eating ground turkey and brown rice because they include helpful nutrients like protein and complex carbohydrates. Enjoy a bowl alongside your pet by making this simple recipe.
- 1 pound of low-fat ground turkey
- 1 cup of dry brown rice
- Cook your ground turkey on the stove until the pink meat turns gray.
- Cook the brown rice with 2 cups of water in a rice cooker or pot until the rice is soft.
- Serve a half cup of rice with 1 cup of ground turkey to your pet.
- Top your bowl with your preferred ingredients, like steamed veggies, hot sauce, sesame seeds or chili oil.
Enjoy Meals With Your Pets
Try making these delicious meals for you and your four-legged companion this week. They’ll love getting to taste what you make and you’ll have fun making new memories. It could become a new weekly event that makes life more fun for you both.