A happy family is a healthy family, which is why door 3 of our advent calendar asks you to spend some time today exercising with your loved ones.
Here are a few ideas for you:
- Kick a football around in the back garden (or park if you’re worried about the flower beds!)
- Play tag (you’re never to old to play this!)
- Jump on a trampoline – my kids are particularly fond of playing traffic lights on our trampoline, which involves someone shouting out red (stop), amber (sit down), green (bounce). It is AMAZING exercise but also great, great fun.
- Go out for a run – running with children, or as a family, has a whole heap of health benefits associated with it.
- Go Geocaching – makes a long walk much more fun, trust me!
- Dance around the living room – turn off the lights, turn up the music and dance like no ones watching! (extra points for cringey ‘dad dancing’!)
Not only do you get some exercise, but you also have fun, spend quality time together and increase those positive vibes that help keep us happy.
So come on, who’s for hide and seek?
Remember to check back tomorrow to see what’s behind door 4 of the Art of Healthy Living Advent Calendar.
Missed Day 2? Click here for yesterday’s door.
We’d love to hear what exercise you did with your family today so please get in touch!
You can comment and follow us on:
- Facebook – @thisishealthyliving)
- Twitter – @ArtHealthLiving
- Instagram – @arthealthyliving
Or leave us a friendly comment below ?